Re: PPC: LiveCD installation fails; installer window vanishes.

On Nov 30, 2013, at 10:20 PM, keith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I filed the following bug tonight:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1256588

I attempted to install from the 20131130 PPC LiveCD via usb flash drive. I used the erase entire drive option. The installation window proceeds until where the slide show would begin. At that point, there is a blank area where the first slide would normally be. The progress text reads copying files.

After about 30 seconds, the entire installation window vanishes, and all that is left is the spinning gear. After 90 minutes, the installation never finished. I ran ubuntu-bug ubiquity from a terminal, and then I did a forced shutdown from the power button on the computer. I could not get to a console.

Examining the hard drive, the installer looks to have partitioned the drive, but only installed three folders: /etc., /lost+found, and /media.

Best regards,

Keith Rogers

Hi,

If someone can find the time to confirm this, it would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

Best regards,
Keith