lubuntu-qa team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
obi 2.1 release candidate - graphical desktop environment
In order to make it more convenient to use the advanced OBI level
(introduced in version 1.2), I made a release candidate for version 2.1.
(A. Version 2.0: The underlying operating system is upgraded to Ubuntu
B. Version 2.1: Lubuntu-desktop is installed and tweaked to create a
graphical desktop environment with desktop icons for the main tasks
during installation with the One Button Installer. See the attached
0. Toggle the touchpad (to prevent accidents with laptops and notebooks
because the palm is touching the touchpad and causing unwanted commands).
1. Run Gparted to edit the partitions (preparing for the advanced OBI
2. Run the OBI in a normal lxterminal window
3. Run the OBI is a maximized xterm window with high resolution, in
other words with more lines and columns
The pdf documents of the version 1.2 are still relevant for the usage of
the OBI. But I would recommend a USB 3 pendrive with at least 8 GB (4 GB
is possible, but will soon be full).
See this link
If you test this version 2.1, please let me know what is bad or confusing!
- if it is important to make it work well with old graphics, maybe I
should use 12.04 LTS as the underlying operating system.
- if it is important to make a really small system. Then Lubuntu Core is
a better alternative than the full Lubuntu.