Testers needed for Lubuntu Utopic Unicorn 14.10 Alpha 1

It's that time again: time to officially start testing for this cycle.

Alpha 1 is set to be released Thursday, so we need to test over the
next couple days. You can see the rest of the schedule for the cycle
here, by the way:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UtopicUnicorn/ReleaseSchedule

If you've tested before, the Alpha-1 alternate images are up now and
the desktop images are in the process of building:
http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/317/builds

If you're not familiar with testing, it's an easy process and a simple
way to get involved. More information is here:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/Testing

As many of you know, we've targeted 15.04 for the Qt transition:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/Testing/14.10
so this cycle we will be doing mostly maintenance. That being said,
this is a great opportunity to get involved and get used to testing so
you can help us when we really need it for 15.04.

One thing to note for newbies and veterans alike: these are alphas, so
it is not recommended to replace your production machine with these
installs. Instead either use a separate partition or better yet a
virtual machine:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/VirtualMachines

I'm the new release manager this cycle so bear with me as I stumble
about and learn everything, but if you have any questions, comments,
or concerns, don't hesitate to ask. On IRC, I'm always at #lubuntu,
#lubuntu-offtopic, #ubuntu-quality, #ubuntu-release, to name a few. :)

wxl

Follow ups