Testing begins for Lubuntu 14.10 Beta 1, due on 28 August!

Sorry, would have let you know sooner, but I just found out!

The alternates are beginning to get built and put onto the ISO QA
Tracker [1]. Now is the time to join testing [2], so download an ISO
and see what you can break.

Again, with 14.10, we're trying to do a bug fix release to get us
ready for the major innovation of LXQt, slated for 15.04, so test
hard!

I especially beg you PPC users to test (formally, with the tracker,
not through emails to the mailing list) so that we can fix those
nagging issues that prevents the release from being really solid.

Finally, an extra special request for anyone with an Intel Mac: please
test FIRST with the amd64 version. If you can't boot it, use the
amd64+mac version. Either way, i'd like to know what version of the
firmware you have.

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to email or find me on IRC.

Thanks!

wxl

[1] http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/322/builds
[2] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/Testing