Re: Lubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn Final Beta testing has begun!

On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 1:23 PM, Wouter Lippe <wouterlippe@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> I joined in for testing PPC last month. I found a
> problem with the installation and I filed a bug for it (#1367448).
> So you can I see that I tried to support in testing, but I did not find the
> support from developers for PPC yet to solve the problems.
> Do you have connections with developers that can help me out?

so i see that this is for 14.04.1. so we don't know that this same
issue exists with 14.10, right? did you try both the alternate and the
desktop? these sort of things are the kind of things that need to be
reported with bugs. eliminate variables. also make sure to include
EVERYTHING you've tried. that will be a good first start.

the next thing you do is get some other folks to confirm this. this
will take a little networking. send a very direct email to the qa
list. not a general question. specific. like "hey could you guys with
ppc chips test this out and see if you have the same problem?" then we
can look at which machines have it and which ones don't. if you find
someone with a similar problem, they can confirm the bug.

at that point, you have a replicated bug which looks a little more
serious. i hope that methodology makes a bit more sense!

wxl