Re: Need help debugging guest session

On Sat, 15 Nov 2014 22:52:14 +0100
meets@xxxxxx wrote:

> On Sat, 15 Nov 2014 22:42:16 +0100
> meets@xxxxxx wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 15 Nov 2014 13:18:22 -0800
> > Walter Lapchynski <wxl@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > not yet
> > > does not reboot.
> > >
> > > Try hitting enter.
> >
> > I tried, it just triggered the horizontal curser to get a little downer in the
> > screen. I just rebooted the virtual machine.
> >
> > Then I installed the virtualbox guest utilities and all that comes with it, as well as
> > the vbox additions. The guest-x11 and guest-utils will especially allow having a wider
> > window than just a post stamp size one.
> >
> > I am now updating. After, I'll reboot, then only I'll try the guest session.
>

> About to reboot, that's new! Now authentication is requested to be able to reboot. :-\
>
> http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/924179lubuntu14041authrequired.png
>

> I am also being installing on bare metal in a machine besides me. IBM NetVista 8313 51g
> Celeron 1.7 Ghz RAM 1 GB, GPU Intel.
>
> (Just starting the install using a usb stick).

In Virtualbox, I loggued into the guest session just after the reboot where I had to
provide the password, and I had the error message indeed. Here is the screenshot:
http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/249186lubuntu14041guestsessionmissing.png

Then I checked with "dmesg | tail" and this is what I get:

http://pastebin.fr/37447

I can't do more, I am unable to have any action on apparmor or whatever processes under
the hood. You can provide this output to the devs.

Oh and one more associated bug, in Virtualbox the warning about work and files deleted in
the guest session comes a bit late. It should appear at the start of the session, not
after several minutes. But this might be because of Virtualbox being a bit slower than a
physical machine. I'm not sure.

I'll let you know if the results differ on bare metal.

Best regards,
Mélodie