Re: Lubuntu Vivid Vervet 15.04 Alpha 1 testing begins now!

On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 10:35 AM, Fritz Hudnut <este.el.paz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 10:16 AM, Walter Lapchynski <wxl@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> PPC development is focused on LTS, so we'll not be worrying about
>> it this cycle, except for daily testing which is hopefully still going
>> on.
> "Daily testing?" . . . ???  You mean downloading the LTS PPC "dailies" and
> testing them out . . . daily???  Or, keeping the installed LTS up to date
> and reporting issues that develop . . . and/or bug reporting???

Every day a new ISO is built for every architecture that is composed
of all the latest changes. This is true for currently supported LTS
(for us, that's Trusty only) as well as the current development
release (currently that's Vivid). Either way, these are unreleased
changes, so an updated release system is not the same as the daily
ISO. It's called daily because it's built every day.

It's a good idea to do a check on these images as much as possible to
be sure that development is not breaking anything. Daily is not
necessary, per se, but it would be nice.

In any case, we should always be bug reporting, whether we simply have
updated release systems or whether or not we're doing "daily" testing.

Speaking of bugs, I would love it if someone would want to step up and
do triage for PPC. Anyone?

--
@wxl
Lubuntu Release Manager, Head of QA