Re: nasty display bugs

Hi Walter,

No results from that command. I had to grep lspci for 'kernel in use'
instead, which indicated the i915 driver. I checked the version in Synaptic
and I think it's the latest stock version from the Ubuntu repos.

Where I differ from the OP's situation on my Toughbook is having neither
two GPUs nor Dell's horrible 'smart switching' kludge (I had enough
problems with that under Windows on my other machine, a Dell M4800, that I
switched it to NVidia-only in the BIOS).

The Panasonic CF-18 running Lubuntu only just has room for the onboard
i915, so there is no ambiguity. I've seen varying reports of success using
either the driver from the repos or Intel's own installer...

David