Re: Pending SRU : https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lxsession/+bug/1336944

On Mon, 19 Jan 2015 22:42:14 +0100
Julien Lavergne <gilir@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> If someone here has a 14.04 box without too much tweaks, could you
> test this SRU :
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lxsession/+bug/1336944 ?
>
> This one block any other fix for lxsession in 14.04 (we need to do them 1 by 1).
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Regards,
> Julien Lavergne

Hi,

I don't have a lxsession under my hand, but I would like to suggest something:

Try to comment out or remove the line:
« /usr/lib/openbox/openbox-xdg-autostart "$@" »

in openbox-autostart, the python file which is located under:
/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/

and / or in

/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/

This has brought an annoyance since a long time, when python-xdg is installed.
About openbox-xdg-autostart, located in the same directory, the first comments start so:
********
$ cat /usr/lib/openbox/openbox-xdg-autostart
#!/usr/bin/env python2

# openbox-xdg-autostart runs things based on the XDG autostart specification
# Copyright (C) 2008       Dana Jansens

********

Also, even if there is no desktop in a given Openbox environment, we can now use
xdg-autostart (to replace all the exec lines in the "autostart" file and started using the
~/.config/openbox/autostart) which was formerly part of the obsession project:
https://bitbucket.org/fabriceT/obsession

and is now apart from it:
https://bitbucket.org/fabriceT/xdg-autostart

While I'm here, a few months ago we had told you about obsession, fork of
lxsession-logout, without the depends. It is now packaged in Debian sid, and available in
the Vivid repository.
http://packages.ubuntu.com/vivid/obsession

Just saying, in case you would still be interested to use it.

I will be interested to know if removing the old python script meant to use python-xdg or
at least deactivating it, solves the issue?

Best regards,
Joyce Markoll (aka Mélodie)