vivid vervet daily build

Hi,

This evening I downloaded the Vivid Vervet daily build i386 alternate iso
for testing - here is the MD5 of the iso in question:-
c66edcbaabfaec2230352612c8b0656d  20150211-vivid-alternate-i386.iso

Instead of using UNetBootIn I used the Startup Disk Creator. The install
ran perfectly from USB flash drive so that's a bonus. Note - maybe when the
ISOs are sent out there should be a warning telling people to create USB
flash drives installers using Startup Disk Creator and not UNetBootIn.

When I logged in, the screen went blue with a black and white band
appearing temporarily at the top of the screen. I'm not an expert in these
matters but it looks to me that someone, somewhere was accessing some
memory that didn't have a graphics object in it - quite possibly a NULL
pointer reference. After a short while the black and white band disappeared.

I tried Abiword and PCFileMan. No problems.

I tried Firefox (34.0) and the bug where it displayed URLs in the address
bar as grey or black seems to have been fixed. Well done to whoever fixed
that :)

BW,

Ian

-- Free Software page - currently down