Re: LSC

On Sat, 8 Aug 2015 14:48:03 +0100
"Phill. Whiteside" <phillwuk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> after my earlier bug report
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/lubuntu-software-center/+bug/1467517 Having done
> a system update to 15.10 the issue has *magically* gone.. I also no longer
> have that issue with VM's.
>
> Can someone confirm this is now the case and that LSC is behaving as it
> should now that whoever broke the authentication up-stream actually fixed
> it ? :P
>
> Joern was all ready to look into the issue but there no longer seems to be
> an issue and I'd be delighted to close this bug down.
>
> Regards.
>
> Phill.
> P.S. Walter ... looks like LSC lives to fight another day :D

A true test would be a fresh alternate install of wily. After a release update like this I am pretty sure that any software center needs to regenerate the list of packages from vivid to wily. The bug you linked is that this is not done properly from the debian installer enviornment. If anything like software center did not regenerate the list of packages it installed on default it would still be trying to install last releases version which would have problems. The bug you linked has to deal with in the alternate installer there is a problem getting this to run update the list of packages and no easy fix for it.
--
walterorlin@xxxxxxxxx <walterorlin@xxxxxxxxx>