Re: Devs work items for 16.04

Den 2015-10-27 kl. 22:30, skrev Julien Lavergne:
> Hi,
>
> I'm currently drafting work items for 16.04, you can see the state on
> the blueprint :
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/lubuntu-x-dev-items
>
> I'll try to focus on GTK part this cycle.
>
> If you have ideas / comments ... it's time :-) That will be nice to
> have the blueprint ready for UOS (I'm working during the event, but
> that should not stop you to discuss the items :-))
>
> Regards,
> Julien Lavergne

Hi Julien and all other Lubuntuers,

I suggest that we consider replacing the Ubuntu Startup Disk Creator. If
I can get help to get *mkusb* into a debian or ubuntu repository, I
think it is a good alternative, otherwise other alternatives might be
better, for example *unetbootin*. See also the following link,

'Selecting a tool to create USB boot drives from ISO files'

As you can see 'in late posts in that Ubuntu Forums thread', there are
plans to make the Startup Disk Creator simple and reliable, but maybe
too simple for Lubuntu users.