Maas weekly checkpoint meeting notes - 2012-02-21

Attendees: flacoste, mrevell, bigjools

Actions from last week
----------------------

  * [ACTION] Daviey will send to the private Maas list instructions on
    how to access and use the server team lab for QA.

    Done.

  * [ACTION] When testing the story, Diogo will coordinate to show it
    also to the Server team.

    Done.

  * Maas is now in the archive and we have a standing feature freeze
    exception until BetaFreeze2

Add a node story
----------------

  * Completed QA. 5 bugs were reported and 4 of them are already fixed.
    Raphael is working on the last one.

Deploy a node through Juju
--------------------------

   * Branch is being handed off to Gavin who is putting the branch into
     review with the Juju team.
   * juju bootstrap is doing everything but passing the preseed data.
   * Constraint API is still being reviewed in Juju. We still need to
     add constraint support in our provider for the simple named
     placement.
   * Jeroen finishing adding authentication to the metadata service.
   * [ACTION] Francis to find out what is happening with using
     cloud-init for provisioning.

Issue and revoke Maas consumer keys
-----------------------------------

   * Waiting on skinning for Huw.

Manage users
------------

   * Waiting on skinning from Huw.

Set preferences for the Maas
----------------------------

   * Raphael is working on implementing this story now.
     Mark's design uses only one page which make the coding more
     complex.
   * Huw will discuss with Mark the alternative tab design.

Coming up next
--------------

  * Raphael will help out Jeroen and Gavin finish the other stories,
    while Huw catch-up with the design of the dashboard.

  * Waiting on Diogo to finish documenting the local QA environment
    story. Diogo is working on prototyping the continuous integration
    environment.

  * With 4 weeks and 2 days to go, it's time to look at the backlog to
    see what we can actually ship with. Must have stories include:
        * Dashboard
        * Installer integration
        * Avahi integration
        * Commission with a manual step