Re: Updated build system to use system packages (you need to install packages)

On 29 February 2012 16:29, Francis J. Lacoste
<francis.lacoste@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I've landed a branch that update our buildout system to get runtime
> dependencies from the system packages instead of getting them from PyPi.

You may not have seen this, but your landing was reverted; it broke
the build and we couldn't figure out how to fix it.

Fwiw, I did follow the new instructions in HACKING.txt to install
packages but it continued to complain. I got buildout to update
versions.cfg and it added ~10 new dependencies, and I decided to halt
there, thinking there must be something wrong.

We ought to resurrect this, but perhaps we can do a "make-fest" before
landing it, to iron out weirdness between machines.

Gavin.