Maas weekly checkpoint meeting notes - 2012-03-06

Attendees: flacoste, mrevell, Daviey

Actions from last week
----------------------

   * [ACTION] flacoste to investigate what is happening what is the plan
     to run the service.

     DONE (will use mod_wsgi and packaging was updated for it)

Deploy a node through Juju
--------------------------

   * Received final review from the Juju team.
   * Should land this week (landed Wed Mar 7).
   * Gavin is testing the MaaS with odev.
   * Split a separate story for the Juju constraint.
   * Metadata service should be working.

List and select Maas from the installer (Avahi)

   * Goal: Make it so that it discover a MaaS server through Avahi and
     enlist this week.

Installing Maas from the CD
---------------------------

   * Andres seeded the package. Should appear as a promotion for main.
   * mini-ISO import script  was added to the package.
   * Upgraded the package to use Django packaging best practice.
   * Still missing: port caching setup from orchestra to maas package.
     Use either squid-deb-proxy or spawn off another squid instance.
   * Need to add logic for cobbler configuration.

   * Last week we thought we'd add the option configuration as stub, but
     we are going to do it the other way round: start by adding the
     configuration and installation logic and then hook it in the
     installer.

Issue and revoke Maas consumer keys /
Manage users /
Set preferences for the MaaS
-------------------------------------

   * Ready for QA

Overview of the MaaS cluster
----------------------------

  * Huw is working on the Javascript
  * Raphael is integrating txlongpoll.

Continuous Integration System

  * Still waiting on GSA/WebOps to set-up the system.
  * Diogo was busy with the work-item tracker QA and will now return to
    work on acceptance testing.

--
Francis J. Lacoste
francis.lacoste@xxxxxxxxxxxxx