Re: Progress on cobbler stuff

On 2012-03-12 18:36, Gavin Panella wrote:

Besides the power-control method, what do we need from the cobbler
database?   IP addresses spring to mind, but could we let the node
get them through whatever DHCP is available and then let cloud-init
provide them to the metadata service?

There is also the choice of distro/profile that needs to be obtained
from Cobbler. However, as Julian suggested last week, we may be able
to arrange this to always select Precise.

I've already removed that, actually. Retaining Cobbler's idea of a node's profile would have made it harder to switch depending on the node's chosen architecture.

Jeroen