Maas weekly checkpoint meeting nodes - 2012-03-27

Attendees: flacoste, mrevell, Daviey

Actions from last week
----------------------

   None

Deploy a node through Juju
--------------------------

    * Finally working fine in some cases.
    * Try with real hardware:
        * Juju wasn't working (because of the extra URL path)
        * Same issue with metadata server.
        * Cobbler DNS servers uses the system-id instead of the
          hostname.
    * Team is starting to add constraints support.

Deploy to a named node through Juju
-----------------------------------

    * Juju team has some concerns over the concept of a by-name
      constraint.

    [ACTION] flacoste will follow-up with Gustavo to ensure that this
    isn't a blocker.

List and select Maas from the installer (Avahi)

    * This is working fine to enlist the node with MAAS.
    * There is a problem though in that there is no way for the node
      to be booted by MAAS afterwards :-(
    * We will provide a pen drive image that can be left in the machine
      to contact the MAAS (basically implementing PXE in user-space over
      AVAHI).

Installing Maas from the CD
---------------------------

    * Working on smoothing the installer experience.
    * Daemons aren't started under the installer, need to fix.
    * Need to change the option from Enlist with Ubuntu MAAS to Install
      or Enlist
    * When installing MAAS need to get rid of the "extra install
     options" at the end.

Overview of the MaaS cluster
----------------------------

  * Basic functionality is in.
  * Working on polish and bug fixing.

Continuous Integration System

  * We should add installer test cases to iso.qa.ubuntu.com Server list.

Other business

We should provide some comments on the Open Compute Project Remote Serer
Base specification from the MAAS project point of view:

http://cloud.github.com/downloads/facebook/opencompute/OCP%20-%20Open%20Hardware%20Management%20Remote%20Management%20v0.5.2-with%20comments.pdf

--
Francis J. Lacoste
francis.lacoste@xxxxxxxxxxxxx