Using PXE to enlist and install nodes

Hi devels. When I install MAAS and PXE boot a machine on that same
network, I am presented with a menu offering options to install
available OSes right from the boot screen. I don't see any mention of
this in the published docs, but if this is what it seems than it would
be even simpler than having to copy down the MAC address of each
machine and pre-create it through the GUI.

The boot menu says:

(local)
maas-enlist
maas-precise-i386
maas-precise-i386-commissioning
maas-precise-x86_64
maas-precise-x86_64-commissioning
precise-i386
precise-i386-auto
precise-x86_64
precise-x86_64-auto

Can someone please tell me what the difference is between maas-xxx-xx
and maas-xxx-xx-commissioning, and what does -auto mean?

Thanks,
Mike

PS: There is an open-source desktop imaging solution called 'The FOG
Project' <http://www.fogproject.org/> which has been using PXE to
install operating systems to computers for five years. They bring up a
basic kernel then use partimage to clone operating system and data
partitions. The boot screen above reminds me of an advanced feature
called the "Capone Plug-in," which allows pushing images to similar
computers on the same network without technician-intervention:
<http://www.fogproject.org/wiki/index.php?title=Plugins:_Capone>

Follow ups