Re: Cobbler Replacement (?)

Hi there,

The preseed file to edit is located in
/var/lib/cobbler/kickstart/maas.preseed
The user ubuntu comes with his password disabled by default. I had the same
issue as you, especially with juju ssh keys, sometimes I was stuck and
can't log in to the machine. So I replace this line in the preseed file:

d-i passwd/user-password-crypted password !

with this one:

d-i passwd/user-password-crypted password
$6$.1eHH0iY$ArGzKX2YeQ3G6U.mlOO3A.NaL22Ewgz8Fi4qqz.Ns7EMKjEJRIW2Pm/TikDptZpuu7I92frytmk5YeL.9fRY4.

Now the Ubuntu user comes with the password: ubuntu
I don't if it's necessary but in the ephemeral image, the SSH password
authentication was disable so I simply did this to activate it:

# mount /var/lib/maas/ephemeral/precise/ephemeral/amd64/20120424/disk.img
/mnt/
# sed -i s/PasswordAuthentication\ no/PasswordAuthentication\ yes/g
/etc/ssh/sshd_config

This did the trick for me.

Good luck for the rest!

Cheers!