Re: Cobbler Replacement (?)

Hi, Sebastien,

Thanks for looking into this.  You are correct that I only enabled the Host-Only interface in VirtualBox, but I did user maas-dhcp package to enable the MAAS node to manage DNS and DHCP.  In a real-world scenario, all the service nodes would sit behind the maas/juju node, so that they will only have one NIC (or a team) to communicate with the MAAS node only, and use the MAAS node's squid as the proxy to communicate with the rest of the world.  I could have the service node VM's to have two NIC's, but I intended to set it up this way to mimic a scenario that would secure the service nodes (in your term, MAASlave nodes).

When I setup the MAAS node, I put two NIC's on it, one NAT (communicate with the Net), another Host-Only (communicate with the zookeeper node and all other service nodes).  I used a preseed URL to automate the MAAS node base ubuntu install.  I don't have this issue with the MAAS node install.

So, I only have this issue when I use MAAS to provision the service nodes, each has just one NIC.  I don't know why "setting netcfg/no_default_route" is not working.

Back to your bare metal setup, sounds like you have only 1 private NIC for your bare metal, so you don't have the issue that needs to manually answer the prompts during the OS provisioning?

Best,
Dafang