Re: Browser support

On Thu 03 May 2012 16:42:45 EST, Robert Collins wrote:

On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 5:16 PM, Julian Edwards
<julian.edwards@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi folks

Does anyone have any opinions on which browsers we want to have core support
for in MAAS?

There are a few JS bugs floating around at the moment which manifest
differently in different browsers.

I suggest we be driven by market share - aim for 95% market coverage
within our segments...
e.g. Firefox supported versions; Chrom* supported versions, latest IE
version, Safari current version (because Mac OS X has a silly high
penetration rate amongst open source sysadmins).

I think these sound like reasonable suggestions, we'll have to make an (educated) guess. As we have a technical audience I think we can hope for the latest versions and work backwards from there as bugs come in.

I would also suggest we add whichever version of Firefox is in Precise and maintain that for the LTS cycle.