Re: Lifecycle of a node - documentation - 1st draft

Separate note, so separate email.  From the lifecycle document:

«Manually adding a node

«You can also manually add a node, as an anonymous user (without being logged in to the MAAS). You can do this by booting up the ubuntu installer from the node itself, using the server CD or a USB stick.»

Two things in software engineering are hard, they say: cache invalidation and naming things. Is there some clearer term than “manual” for this? It's hard to come up with terms that don't depend on one's point of view. I could imagine the manual process losing its menial nature, e.g. if we choose implement the same process using network boots, so that a node would enlist itself after you just hook it up and turn it on. Then suddenly, the Add Node procedure might be the one that looked “manual”!

Terms like “local” and “remote” are also very sensitive to perspective… can you come up with something that nobody could misinterpret?

Jeroen