Re: ISC DHCP management

On Monday 28 May 2012 17:32:43 Julian Edwards wrote:
> Hi folks
>
> I've been looking into DHCP management and found a very nice Python API to
> control the ISC DHCP server [1], pypureomapi [2] (it's packaged in
> universe).

Ok I've played around some more with this now and it's unfortunately a non-
starter.  It appears that there's no way to define global properties (such as
subnets and ranges!) :(

I tried to work around this by making it create groups but that also won't
work - the protocol appears to allow it but the server is trying to do lookups
instead of creation.

So, we're back to config file writing and SIGHUPs :(

(With apologies to Daviey who pointed me at this tool in the first place and
then I completely forgot about it!)