Re: Avahi boot image boots node, but does not commission

On Monday 18 June 2012 05:03:16 Brian G. Peterson wrote:
> On 06/17/2012 09:29 PM, Julian Edwards wrote:
> >>
> >> which log file on the server?
> >
> > The system log.
>
> /var/log/syslog
>
> on the MaaS server contains nothing indicative.  Some calls to cron and
> a DHCP renewal (the MaaS server does not control DHCP for this network).
>   Nothing that looks like maas data, contact from the node, etc.

Given that something else handles DHCP, are you confident it's configured
correctly?  I don't think it will affect things at this stage if not, though.

> >> the node console boots to vmlinuz, then initrd, then quickly through
> >> what looks like a normal linux boot process, nothing looks outstanding,
> >> then a login prompt...
> >
> > Hmm, sounds like it's not booting the commissioning image, which would be
> > odd. I'd expect to see a few retries when it tries to contact the
> > metadata service.
> Well, if the metadata service is supposed to log to /var/log/syslog on
> the server, that's not happening.

It doesn't log there, it logs in the maas log itself.

One more thing for you to try, does /etc/maas/maas_local_settings.py have the
correct DEFAULT_MAAS_URL?