Re: Clock skew and OAuth

On 2012-06-27 07:59, Julian Edwards wrote:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/maas/+bug/978127

Scott, is there a quick backportable fix that we can do for this?  Perhaps
send the MAAS server's time at boot somehow, before trying to access the
metadata service (via user data?) and then have cloud-init set the clock?

It's causing a lot of pain for quite a few people.

Would it be possible to make maas depend on an ntp server, have the dhcp config refer the nodes to it, and install & run ntpdate on the node early on?

It's a few extra moving parts but it avoids issues like ntp servers that might be out of the nodes' reach, or re-inventing the protocol. On the downside, I have no idea how hard it might be to install ntpdate on a node in this state.

Jeroen