SSH keys not being added to nodes. Recurring problem?

There seem to be a few people having problems with MAAS right now
relating to SSH keys. I spoke briefly with roaksoax about it. Edited
transcript:

{{{
 allenap: roaksoax: Hi there. Any ideas about
          http://askubuntu.com/questions/159436/default-password-for-
          ubuntu-12-04-maas-image/160391? Lots of people seem to be
          having a similar problem, where their SSH keys are not being
          propagated to the nodes.
roaksoax: allenap: seems like ssh keys were added *after node enlistment
          but i thought that bug didnt exist anymore*
 allenap: roaksoax: Do you mean enlistment, or allocation? I don't
          remember this bug :-/
roaksoax: allenap: can't remember TBH, or the keys have to be added
          before they get accepted after enlistment
roaksoax: allenap: i'll have to test
roaksoax: allenap: maybe the users accept & commission and then they add
          the users
 allenap: roaksoax: Ah, could be. So, maybe not a bug in the
          conventional sense, but a fairly major usability flaw. I'll
          talk about it with the other squaddies tomorrow morning.
          Thanks.
roaksoax: allenap: cool. we'll have to confirm though
}}}

This sounds like a probable candidate, but we ought to dig a little,
and I want to seed your thoughts before we talk tomorrow.

Gavin.

Follow ups