Re: Support for ARM PXE booting, esp. in absence of control over DHCP

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 12:36 AM, Gavin Panella
<gavin.panella@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 20 August 2012 11:40, Robert Collins <robert.collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> However, we can no longer assume that we have control of DHCP, so we
>>> cannot dispatch to a different bootloader depending on the vendor
>>
>> Why can't we assume this?
>
> It came out of the product strategy discussions in the IoM the week
> before last.

Thats going to have substantial implications in development effort and
product complexity. Can you enlarge on the use case(s) that caused us
to invalidate 'assume we have dedicated DHCP controlled by MAAS' ?

-Rob