Re: last few package installation bugs

On Friday 31 Aug 2012 08:18:21 Andres Rodriguez wrote:
> > 2. The /etc/bind/maas/rndc.conf.maas file needs to be mode 600 as it
> > contains a key for rndc
>
> I thought this was already done this way. i guess due to the new changes
> it is not happening that way anymore. Will fix it :).

Ok :)

Arguably it should be fixed in the upstream code actually.  Maybe one of the
team will pick it up if prodded hard enough... :)

> > 3. The bind server fails to restart after installation because
> > /etc/bind/maas/named.conf.maas is not present.  This means that the call
> > "maas set_up_dns" must have failed.
>
> Strange, if it failed, maybe it is an upstream issue. I'll double check.

I ran it manually and it seems to be ok.  I've no idea what's up :(

> Now, however, let me ask you something. Should this command be also run
> after any upgrade? Or should this command be run only after package
> installation for the first time?

First time only.  Every time maas starts up afterwards it refreshes the files
itself.

> > Also I think it's worth migrating the tftp files to the new location as
> > it's pretty obnoxious to ask the user to download 500Mb+ again when they
> > already have the files.
>
> Well, while it might be a good idea, I think this should not be done in
> packaging because this is only for upgrades from/to revisions that have
> not yet been released officially. Once we do so, this scenario won't be
> found as users will have to run maas-import-pxe-files to get the new pxe
> files. So we would have code that will only work on upgrades for
> packages that don't "exist".
>
> What are your thoughts?

You make a good point and the lines below are no use, indeed.  However, I
think my concern about the large download still stands, we must be able to do
something to migrate the large images installed via Cobbler, surely?

> > These lines should do it:
> >
> > cd /var/lib
> > mv tftpboot/maas/i386 maas/tftp
> > mv tftpboot/maas/amd64 maas/tftp