Re: MongoDB in the test suite

On 11 September 2012 15:34, Kapil Thangavelu
<kapil.thangavelu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> fwiw.. i had put together a nose plugin for integrating mongo into the nose
> test runner.
> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/mongonose/0.5.0

Neat.

Fwiw, we're using nose, and its okay, but I'd like to avoid further
entrenchment of its position. We're using django_nose, which is a
hacky abomination afaict, but I'm not sure that nose can run Django
tests without it. I don't want additional obstructions in the way of
an exit from django_nose.

Generally, tests in Django seem to rely heavily on the Django test
runner, and I think this is a bit of an anti-pattern. I'd like to
avoid anything that relies on the test runner beyond the basic
contracts laid down by unittest.

I guess this code could be readily re-purposed into a Fixture or
TestResource, neither of which require support from the test runner.