Re: File-storage replication; was MAAS testing: maas - 0.1+bzr1002+dfsg-0+1018+87~ppa0~quantal1

On 21 September 2012 06:30, Jeroen Vermeulen <jtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Django gets in the way.  I forget the details but basically, we found no
> quick way to make use of bytea fields in django.  Right now we base64 into
> text fields.  :(

Are we? As far as I can tell we're using Django's FileSystemStorage
(see maasserver.models.filestorage) to save files to disk, not into
the database; we store only the filename in the database. For small
files I think base64 into text fields in the database will be fine for
now, and a step up from using local disk directly.