Re: Hanging test?

W dniu 26.09.2012 13:55, John Arbash Meinel pisze:

On 9/25/2012 5:20 PM, Jeroen Vermeulen wrote:
On 2012-09-25 19:07, John Arbash Meinel wrote:

On my Quantal VM, I'm trying to do: make test

However, it seems to hang in the test:
maasserver.tests.test_rabbit.TestRabbitExchange.test_rabbit_queue_binds_queue

I also get a failure from
maasserver.tests.test_rabbit.TestRabbitExchange.test_exchange_publish

This sounds familiar... does it go away if you start the system's
RabbitMQ service manually?  Or maybe even avahi?

Jeroen

So both the system rabbit and avahi were already running. I do see a
new beam.smp process get started as a child of the test suite.
Should I have them stopped during testing?

There is a test fixture that sets up rabbitmq for testing. I recall launchpad (?) team was using that but I may be wrong as I definitely remember it having django test glue code so that you could write unit tests that get a clean rabbit system to talk to.

Otherwise (without scripting that) rabbit does not shut down cleanly and does leave some processes behind. It's also a pain to run on a laptop due to shutdown bugs (rabbit seems like a user locally logged in so, for example, you cannot shoutdown your machine normally)

Thanks
ZK