MAAS testing: 0.1+bzr1063+dfsg-0+1104+98~ppa0~quantal1

Hi there,

today I tested maas 0.1+bzr1063+dfsg-0+1104+98~ppa0~quantal1 from the
daily builds PPA.

I installed the package normally, then modified
/etc/maas/import_ephemerals (STREAM=daily) and
/etc/maas/import_pxe_files (RELEASES="precise quantal") so
maas-import-pxe-files could import the quantal images.

Changed both the commissioning and deployment default images to
quantal. Found this usability bug in the settings page:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/maas/+bug/1058305.

Enlisted nodes and confirmed they enlisted using the quantal images.
Found this bug during enlistment, although it doesn't seem to cause
any issue. https://bugs.launchpad.net/maas/+bug/1058313

After that I tried to list the nodes using the maas-cli, which I had
logged in with old credentials but maas reported the operation was
unknown instead of saying I wasn't authorized (or giving me anonymous
access). Filed https://bugs.launchpad.net/maas/+bug/1058316

Filled in the IPMI configuration through the web ui. Filed bug
https://bugs.launchpad.net/maas/+bug/1057854 yesterday about IPMI
updates not working through the maas-cli

Accepted all nodes using the maas-cli. This worked fine.

Once the nodes were in the Ready state, I juju bootstrapped a new
environment. The environment successfully bootstrapped using quantal.
I then deployed the wordpress charm.

Here's the output of juju status: https://pastebin.canonical.com/75599/
juju reports the instance-state as unknown, is this a juju bug or MAAS?

I'll move the "support installation of other series" card to the
done-done lane in the Kanban board as well as moving the package to
the QAed daily builds PPA

I also did some testing on maas - 0.1+bzr1096+dfsg-0ubuntu1+ppa4 from
the experimental package PPA.

Filed this: https://bugs.launchpad.net/maas/+bug/1058276 as dhcp
doesn't work in the new package scheme. I'll continue testing this on
Monday. Andres uploaded a new package already.

Cheers,
--
Diogo M. Matsubara

Follow ups