Re: Updating pxelinux.cfg

On 10/24/2012 08:36 AM, Julian Edwards wrote:
> On Tuesday 23 Oct 2012 12:25:27 Jeff Marcom wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I was wondering if someone could point me to a path that would allow me
>> to change the pxelinux generated JSON found at
>> http://<maas.server.ip>/MAAS/api/1.0/pxeconfig.
>>
>> I'm currently making a "wrapper" around much of the functionality that
>> exists within maasserver.models (i.e User, Node, etc) that will allow me
>> to change configuration options on the fly. I haven't been successful in
>> figuring out where the pxeconfig is stored, or where through the api I
>> could manipulate it.
>>
>> Any help is appreciated thanks!!
> Which options do you need to change?  The kernel options are set before the
> API call returns them, but the JSON is then parsed and used to generate the
> final config based on a template that is trivially modified.
>
> Perhaps if I understood your use case I can help a bit more.
>
> Cheers.

Basically I need it to be able to be modified to a point where it will
accept arguments like these:

initrd=initrd.gz netboot=nfs
nfsroot=10.193.37.1:/srv/<hostname>/www/<path-to-release-iso>/ubuntu-12.10-desktop-amd64
log_host=10.193.37.1 log_port=5497 automatic-ubiquity debug-ubiquity

I realize that install via nfs isn't supported by default in MAAS, but
it's something that I've been trying to work around. The preseed
modification is a necessary step for us.

Thanks so much!