Database Migrations and backports

Hi all

There's something that Raphaël said to me last week about database migrations
that I wanted to make people more widely aware of.

Each South migration contains the complete state of the database schema at
that time, which has a couple of important ramifications:

 * We must be very careful when adding new migrations that nobody else is
working on one too, because one of you must base your migration off the
other's

 * When amending old release branches (e.g. lp:maas/1.2) we *cannot* add new
migrations to it on their own, we *must* add it to trunk and backport all the
missing trunk migrations.  If this is not done, it will break upgrades between
releases.

So, please be very careful when adding database migrations.

Cheers.

Follow ups