Re: Testing of precise backport

Julian,
> I have backported to 1.3 a couple of features in the Django 1.4 package
> that we use (GenericIPAddressField and prefetch_related) and uploaded a
> new 1.3 package to the same PPA.  Andres, can you please review it?  It
> seems to work ok for me, at least.

I have reviewed it, seems to be ok. I have also made available a precise
backport (in experimental PPA) with the latest of the lp:maas/1.2
branch, which includes the stabilization changes. Other things available
are python-txtftp, yui3, and django1.3  (note I made naming changes).

The packaging from precise is basically the same as the quantal
packaging (that is if we separate python-tftftp and yui3 from MAAS
source, as this is the plan).

Now, please note that I'll be using the experimental PPA for
Quantal/Precise to release new packages based on the stabilization for
12.10. Once we are certain these changes are stable and upgrades run
smoothly, I'll be passing them to testing PPA.

Now, to test new upstream releases (from trunk), I'd very much like to
only do so for raring for now. This way we can avoid having a new
upstream version uploaded to Quantal/Precise, which will prevent us from
using that PPA to upload previous versions based on the stabilization
branches. However, this would only be necessary until the packages hit
testing PPA.

Once they hit testing, I expect them to be there for final testing
previous to requesting SRU's. Once I'm confident they are ready, we can
continue the usage of Experimental PPA to backport new upstream releases
for other pockets (Quantal/Precise).

Thoughts?

Cheers.