Re: Testing SRU/trunk packages in the QA Lab

On 19/11/12 14:07, Julian Edwards wrote:
>> = Precise SRU =
>>
>> Using the package created by Julian in the experimental ppa
>> (0.1+bzr1297+dfsg-0ubuntu1~12.04.2~ppa2), I found a a couple of
>> problems, only one (#2) is new:
>>
>> 1. The dhcp server cannot access its config due to apparmor restrictions
>> This has already been reported by Julian:
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/maas/12.04-nocobbler/+bug/1079030
>>
>> Workaround: disable apparmor (sudo /etc/init.d/apparmor teardown)
>>
>> 2. Bug in our backport of the Django 1.4 method prefetch_related
>> The error: http://paste.ubuntu.com/1362899/
>> This can be exercised by running the test suite on a precise instance,
>> install 1.3.1-4ubuntu1.4~precise1+ppa1 (with includes the backport of
>> prefetch_related) and run the test suite of the 1.2 branch.
>> I /think/ this is because we need the feature introduced in
>> https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/17003
>>  for prefetch_related to work.  This will need more investigation to be
>> fixed properly.

I have another few bugs:

1. /var/log/maas/oops/ is not writable by the maas user
2. /var/lib/maas/dhcp/ is set to be root-owned by the upstart script,
which means the dhcpd cannot re-write the leases file when it starts up.
3. The dashboard page does not show the pie chart at all for me, does it
work in the QA lab?
4. I've seen the pserv traceback and then fail to serve anything at all,
however I have a feeling that it went catatonic because of #1 above as
after I fixed the permissions it has not failed since.