Re: MAAS Testing: 0.1+bzr1382+dfsg-0ubuntu1~ppa1

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 5:15 AM, John Arbash Meinel
<john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> On 2012-11-29 23:57, Diogo Matsubara wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I did exploratory testing for the manual tags and custom kernel
> > options features on maas 0.1+bzr1382+dfsg-0ubuntu1~ppa1 from the
> > experimental PPA
> >
> > Here are my findings:
> >
> > * Should we have validation for the kernel opt field? looks like it
> > accepts any kind of data.
>
> We could, but I'm not personally sure what is valid kernel options. We
> could try ensuring it is at least UTF8 text, I suppose.
>

> > * maas-cli maas nodes check-commissioning returns a Unrecognised
> > signature: POST check_commissioning o Filed
> > https://bugs.launchpad.net/maas/+bug/1084292 * No navigation to
> > the tag view other than from the tagged node itself
>
> So you can go to "MAAS/tags/<tag-name>/view" but you're right that we
> don't have a tag list view. (Per prioritization, and not sure how that
> would end up linked from the front page, etc. There was talk of doing
> a cloud of tags, or whatever.)
>

> > * Manually assigning a tag without definition to a node works ok.
> > * Couldn't make the definitions works though. I tried to tag the
> > lenovo nodes in the QA lab using the following: o maas-cli maas
> > tag update lenovo
> > definition='contains(//node[@class="system"]/vendor, "Lenovo")' o
> > then rebuilding but no nodes were tagged. I tried a couple of other
> > variants of the definition, no luck. Any hints?
>
> When I manually ask python's lxml to run that definition against the
> lshw you linked, it matches correctly. I wonder if it is more of a
> problem of your provisioning server not being able to process the
> hardware details correctly? (Rabbit not sending the request, the API
> not allowing the provisioning server to request or post back work, etc.)

I tried this again and it's working as expected. I successfully tagged the
lenovo nodes automatically using the maas-cli with the above definition. It
was probably a misconfiguration as you mentioned. Thanks!

> You shouldn't need to rebuild. The act of changing the tag should
> rebuild for you. If it doesn't, that would also be a bug.

Yes, when I changed the tag, it triggered the rebuild and the nodes were
tagged accordingly. So it's likely to be a configuration problem in the
first time I tried.

--
Diogo M. Matsubara