Using MAAS without creating a new DHCP server.

Hi Maas-Devels,

I would like to build a MAAS controller server (Ubuntu 12.04 server version) in order to deploy 2 other servers under a same LAN. Three of the servers contain static IPs from an existing DHCP server. The problem is that neither can I set up a DHCP server nor can I change ANY settings of the existing DHCP server. Therefore, I did not install maas-dhcp and maas-dns package while the MAAS installation. After configuring all of the MAAS server settings, I added nodes (2 other servers) with the MAAS web interface. The status of the nodes stuck on “Commissioning” and neither of them started to boot. I have already checked the BIOS time of each server and the time of each node is almost sync. I am not sure if there is any method to use MAAS without creating a new DHCP server.

Best regards,
--
Arbit CYChen
Software Engineer,

88 Section 3, Zhongxing Road,
Xindian District, New Taipei City 231, Taiwan
www.htc.com<http://www.htc.com/>
[cid:image001.jpg@01CDF7FF.90992850]

JPEG image

Follow ups