Re: MAAS backport to 12.04 LTS

On Thursday 23 May 2013 16:03:50 you wrote:
> On 05/23/2013 02:45 PM, Raphaël Badin wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> >[...]
>
> I must clarify the fact that, as you might have guessed, this daily
> backport ppa is a *development* ppa and is thus not officially supported
> in any way.
>
> Our end goal is to provide a stable backport for precise but this is
> only the first step toward that goal.
>
> Cheers,
>
> R.

PPAs are generally not officially supported unless we agree to it on an
individual basis.

The backports are provided *as a convenience* to people wanting to try the
latest code on the last Ubuntu LTS.

> The backport package is built (daily) from the same code used to build
> the package for saucy (upstream=lp:maas,
> packaging=lp:~maas-maintainers/maas/packaging) in a PPA
> (ppa:maas-maintainers/daily-backports).

Note that there is also ppa:maas-maintainers/backports which contains known
working releases of the code; it will generally be a few revisions behind the
daily build as I will update it manually.

J.