Re: Adding a loopback IP to kernel params for each node

On 10 June 2013 23:04, Boyang <boyang.niu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hey Gavin,
>
> Currently our machines use layer 3 routing whereas MAAS works mostly on
> layer 2.  I realize that we're in a pretty unique scenario ourselves and
> aren't the typical MAAS user, so you're right that it's a good idea to make
> this functionality separate from the actual application.
>
> We're not going to use Juju and I don't know if MAAS was meant to be bundled
> exclusively with Juju but I would like to be able to run it separately.

MAAS can be used without Juju, no worries. Juju uses the same remote
API for MAAS as everyone else.

> The
> end functionality that I'd like to build into MAAS is something of a
> database that holds and organizes data center information (about nodes and
> connections) in addition to booting them up.  I understand if this isn't the
> direction you want to take :)

The team here have had some ideas in a similar direction, but they're
still just ideas. I'm not entirely sure that we'd implement it by
putting it all into MAAS; something like that could be better as a
separate service.

Gavin.