Re: MAAS nodes and swap

On 08/11/13 04:17, Andreas Hasenack wrote:
> Hi,
>
> how can I add some sensible swap partition or file to the maas nodes?
>
> Or, given I have some machines with two disks, how can I make, say,
> /dev/vdb1 be a swap partition and add that to /etc/fstab?
>
> I'm using the fastpath installer.

Hi Andreas

There's no real way of doing this yet.  It's on the roadmap to add the
ability to send "installer user data" to Curtin (the fastpath installer).

That data will tell Curtin how you want to set up partitions, networking
etc.

It should get done in the next 4 weeks or so when some other stuff is
finished.

You could customise the preseed to do this as well, but that would
probably only work for amending the second disk.

Also, have a close look at https://help.ubuntu.com/community/CloudInit
to see if anything can help you.

J.