Reviewing branches

Hi guys,

Generally, we do an awesome job of reviewing branches.  However I've seen some
absolutely dreadful commit messages lately.

Commit messages should be stating *why* a change was made, not just what was
changed (I can see that from the diff!).  Having a well-formed commit message
saves a bunch of time when browsing through "bzr log".

In the Launchpad days we had a guideline for commit messages, and I think it
still stands well today.  Please have a read:
https://dev.launchpad.net/PQMCommitMessages

Finally, reviewers, please review the commit message as well as the code.  If
something doesn't have a commit message feel free to block a branch until
you've seen it.  We can go back and fix bad code that landed but we can't
change bad commit messages as easily.

Thanks all.