Re: Out of date docs :(

On 02/11/2014 06:10 AM, Julian Edwards wrote:
Hi guys,

While working on a branch to rename our command line tools, I noticed a couple
of things:

  1. the man page for maas-cli is out of date, we've added a bunch of stuff
lately and it's not been updated.  Can you please get the zone stuff in and
check that nothing else is missing!  The VLAN stuff also needs to go in of
course.
  2. There is an almost identical maascli.rst source to the man page maas-
cli.rst!  What gives?

There is a bug for this:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/maas/+bug/1271694

(The bug mentions the two problems: the duplication and the fact that the documentation is out of date.)

We should look into having that man page completely generated from the API documentation, possibility with the addition of the existing maascli-specific preamble. It doesn't seem completely reasonable to me to have to manually maintain another version of the documentation that we already have in the docstrings.