Re: I just recreated the juju destroy-env 409 bug

On 02/14/2014 04:00 AM, Julian Edwards wrote:
Got this back when doing destroy-env:

  409 CONFLICT (Node cannot be released in its current state
('Commissioning').)

To recreate:

- Have one node in Declared, one node Ready.
- juju boostrap
- accept delcared node in UI so it goes Commissioning
- juju destroy-env

Boom.

I've not looked into why yet.

This is bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/maas/+bug/1237159.

I looked into it this morning.  The problem is two-fold:

- There is wrong and redundant code in src/maasserver/api.py:[NodeHandler/NodesHandler].release() to check that the node about to be released has a "releasable" status. It's redundant because we already have a generic mechanism in place to check that a node status change is valid (see src/maasserver/node.py:Node.clean_status). It's wrong because all the nodes (meaning nodes of any status) should be "releasable" at the API level: `juju destroy-environment` calls release on every node present in the environment.

- The model code in src/maasserver/node.py:Node.release() is too strict: it won't allow a commissioning node to be released.

I'm fixing this.

R.