Re: idempotent()

On 18/02/14 16:25, Julian Edwards wrote:
On Tuesday 18 Feb 2014 08:49:17 Gavin Panella wrote:
Even though I was the one who dreamt it up, I have no special love for
the idempotent() decorator, and it's always felt imperfect. Can we
come up with a compelling improvement that better conveys semantics
over mechanics?

If it's all in the name, what about "mutates".  So:

@operation(mutates=False)
def foo(....)

Can't we just state the HTTP method to be used — GET or POST? AFAIK that's what we mean here anyway. If appropriate, I'd happily update the special create/update/delete methods to have the same decorators, with their various arguments.

Jeroen