Re: VLAN Testing update from Juju

On 03/27/2014 04:30 PM, Graham Binns wrote:
Hi all,

I've just come off the Juju cross team call. There, Dimiter (CC'd)
mentioned that he's working on the Juju networks functionality at the
moment,  has installed MAAS and is working to find out what API calls
need to be issued when, etc.

The only real sticking point is finding out whether a MAAS instance is
capable of handling API requests for networks - or rather finding out
what its API capabilities are at all. Dimiter has filed a bug [1]
about this, which is triaged high. (We'll all have seen this already,
of course). AIUI it's not a blocker for the Juju work, but it is a
very-nice-to-have.

Dimiter, can you confirm that so far you've run into no other issues
on the MAAS side? We'll be happy to offer any assistance we can.

  [1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/maas/+bug/1297814

Actually, I fixed this bug this morning: the new API endpoint is at '/version/' (the daily package has it).

Gavin is working on sorting out the documentation side of this but basically, you can call '/version/' and you get a JSON dict back. The dict has a 'capabilities' entry: a list of all the features that MAAS supports (e.g. http://paste.ubuntu.com/7163362/). 'networks-management' is the name of the capability you're looking for. Of course, a missing '/version/' endpoint means the capability isn't supported.