Re: Getting rid of bootresources.yaml (sort of)

Super quick reply while skimming inbox 1500:

 Tuesday 15 Apr 2014 13:44:44 Gavin Panella wrote:
> > 1. Get rid of the file altogether; maas-import-pxe-files would either
> >
> >    given explicit configuration when run by celery, or would request it
> >    from the region on startup.
> >
> > 2. Keep the file – it's useful for being able to re-run
> >
> >    maas-import-pxe-files manually should the need arise, and have it
> >    updated by a celery job or using the RPC mesh.
> >
> > I favour option 2, but I'm open to suggestions.
>
> I'm in favour of option 1, but Tycho's point about being able to run
> maas-import-pxe-files manually makes me think again. I don't mind
> keeping it, but it ought to move into /var/lib/maas if we do, and we
> make no promises about preserving manual edits.

I don't care a fig about running mipf manually.  Let's hook it in to the
database and rely on maas-cli for cmd line access.

It will need some thought, of course, of how to overcome the cumbersome
reference to a cluster every time you use maas-cli, unless we default to
kicking all clusters at the same time.  Better hope the proxy works ;)

> As for writing it, I suggest we send the sources list to the m-i-p-f
> job, and it can write out a new bootresources.yaml file just before
> running m-i-p-f.

*eaaaurrghh*

> Also, we ought to rename m-i-pxe-f to, say, maas-import-boot-resources.

Let's just get rid of it.  We don't need it at all, now that the code is all a
python module.