Re: Getting rid of bootresources.yaml (sort of)

On 25/04/14 02:27, Raphaël Badin wrote:
>>> [...]
>>> So unless I am missing something, there's no blocker to getting rid of
>>> the command line script?
>>
>> Except if the script fails, we have no way to detect completion, and
>> we sit in a poll loop forever.
>
> Feedback about the success or failure of async tasks should probably be
> part of the notification system we've been thinking about for quite some
> time now.

Tycho makes a fair point.

I am coming round to thinking that the download code should be
implemented as part of the pserv process (using Twisted) so that we can
use RPC calls to update the region.

This would make failure notifications easier, along with download
progress updates.

Gavin?