Re: Idea for dynamic/static IP allocation

> That's what happens now. However, it seems that dhcpd treats static
> assignments within a dynamic range as advisory only, and will give
> them out when it runs low of free addresses.

Not really. This is why we are seeing the bugs at this point. The IP's
become static on MAAS but never become static on the DHCP server. This is
why we see the bugs where the IP listed in the node is not the one that's
mapped with DNS, and is being assigned to a different node.  So I guess
what I'm trying to say is that this static mapping should be made available
to the DHCP server so there's no way that the DHCP gives the same IP to a
different host. (Maybe updating the config, or having a .d/ directory with
config of static leases?)