Re: Fixing static DHCP

On Mon, May 26, 2014 at 6:05 AM, Jeroen Vermeulen <
jeroen.vermeulen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> We normally use the term "node" only for systems which are actually
> managed by MAAS.  So "assigning IPs to a user rather than a node" means:
> let users allocate IPs for systems that aren't nodes.

That is precisely what we need for HA in OpenStack. We need to allocate IPs
for VIPs that are not tied to any specific node(s). We're fine with such
use being explicit - meaning you allocate explicitly by asking MAAS for it
and you deallocate it explicitly by telling MAAS you don't need it anymore.

-Dean